[ian-reeds-games] Re: free royalty free music

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 00:28:33 -0500

I just wanted to give a little info on this website I found.

It is called "No Soap Radio"
All the songs are free to use for commercial products includeing video games.
It is under a creative commons license.

The songs I downloaded thru the torrent were 312, but the website says 349 are
available. I am not sure if that means I downloaded the thing wrong or if the
torrent needs to be updated or something...

As for the music, I have been listening to the ones I did download and just
like the front of the website suggests with loads of checkboxes for all sorts
of genres, it seems to cover all the bases.

I already found two that seemed fantasy oriented to me, and I am going to
include them into the kobold dungeon I have almost finished with, complete with
items, a plot, etc and so forth.

The selections I have listened too are just so wide ranging. There was even
some with vocals called ancient curse which I thought was very interesting.
Other songs sounded like eighties or nineties video game music, and still
others sounded like cyberpunk, which is cool since I plan on making a map for
that at some point int he future.

I have ben looking for this kind of thing for a while now, especially for
everyone on the list to grab for their own maps and this is a good deal I
think. Go listen and see.

As a comparison, I was looking at royalty free paid music. The Blast Bay
Studios music is excellent, but it was something like 500 dollars american.
Other sites that handle sound effects as well have similar prices...so this is
one site I don't think  can be passed up.

Thanks again to Jono for your help!

Here is the link for those that might have missed it.

http://www.nosoapradio.us/