[ian-reeds-games] dwarf question

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@freelist" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 19:28:29 -0400

Hey guys,
I was wondering what might be the best critters for a dwarf.

In the first warlords map pack the dwarves rode on griffons raised on the
mountain slops.

I am not sure that  this really works for dwarves, being people of stone and
rock.

So I am trying to think of what else might a dwarf ride. Horses are out of
the question, and war ponies is just laughable.
So I was thinking bears. Cave bears I guess. They would be slower, like move
three spaces, but considering the entire dwarf infantry, that is fast.

I am wondering if anyone could think of anything else that might work for a
dwarf?
Also, I was thinking about the siege tower and if that should replace the
ballista, be an added unit to fill a cavalry slot, or what to do with it.
The biggest thing is that there is a stone elemental caster for dwarves that
I think suits them.

So any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. I am running out of
ideas.

al

"The truth will make you free"
Jesus Christ of Nazareth 33AD