[ian-reeds-games] Re: concerning Allans user guides

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 17:07:07 -0400

Hi Niklas,
I figured it out, and yeah, it is something I should have explained in a
guide, because it can be confuseing.

You see, on the ships there is a list of skills.
But because the computer could not use items, I turned the items list into a
second group of skills that are actually considered items. The point was to
allow players to use these higher functions, but deny them to the computer.

The problem is that these are not meant to be items. They are meant to be
actual commands that you  can use to help your ship. Some items are used for
how well you regenerate warp energy, and how much your people will do damage
control each round. I think those  kind of things are in the starship
battles primary map pack.

So what you did was use the transporter to  transport out the self destruct
command, which actually doesn't do anything on a map, but just causes your
own ship to self destruct.

The three different transporter modes are:

Transporter: This is used to transport items from ship to ship. These items
are meant to be away teams, or special items designated in the map's
description as something to be acquired or transported.

The beam in actually "picks up items" from the map. So that is what it is,
it beams items off the map into the ship.
Beam out is the opposite, it beams items out of the ship and onto the map.

I know that can be kind of confuseing and I am sorry I did not explain that
very well in a guide. I promise I will try to get one put out. I will be
gone for a week but hopefully I will be able to make a good one after that.

I hope that helps you out, and I am glad you mentioned it, cause it never
occurred to me that that could happen. So good job!