[ian-reeds-games] Re: clearification for scripting guide createitem

  • From: "Craig Brett" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "craigbrett17@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 23:50:30 +0100

How much do you know about Javascript?

If not that much, then you probably don't wanna be screwing around with this too much until you've taken some basic Javascript lessons. As I recall, some of the first lessons include telling you what a string is and how to use one.

I wouldn't get too attached to that CreateItem function, it's moving next version anyway to make things easier. It's essentially going directly onto the Inventory object. Cuts out a step and there are other perks too.

On 27/04/2015 22:10, Kyle Davis wrote:

i see but when i tried to put down the string type it would say type error undefined is not a function tryed to
On 4/27/2015 11:29 AM, Craig Brett (Redacted sender craigbrett17@xxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:
It means that there's a parameter, type, that is a string.

Hope that makes sense.

On 27/04/2015 01:40, Kyle Davis wrote:
hello so far i have it mostly working but i having trouble figuring out the shared.createItem object script flag in the scripting guide it says createItem (string type) so can you explain to me how it is suppose to work and what it means when it says string type thank you