[ian-reeds-games] Re: armor suggestion

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 22:07:32 -0400

Hmmmm...

I like the alternate choice;

Defense_chance

I like to have a broad sweep over all possible attacks but also able to
define special defense properties against specific attacks.

Also maybe damage types need to be considered.
For one might want a defense chance against physical attacks but not magic
attacks.

I am not sure on how tow to parser it along with skills.

Maybe a separate flag?

Skill
10
|flags

Defense_chance_type=physical|10,50|magic

Or maybe;

Damage_type_defense= etc and so forth.

So these could work together or just one of them.

defense_chance 10|melee_attack,15|fireball
Damage_type_defense=5|fire

So a melee attack would suffer a neg 10 to hit but a negative  20 for
fireball since both the skill and DT is there.

I am not sure how to work the sounds in. maybe a sound plays when a certain
group of the chance roll is hi.

So if you specify a defense sound plays when the attackers chance roll hits
between 11 and 16?
Gave it my best shot. Hope these ideas are usefull in some way.