[ian-reeds-games] Re: age of warlords update and something for craig

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 04:47:53 -0500

Hi Kirt,
Yeah, The biggest problem would be making the map and trying to make it so that
no faction had any extra advantage somehow.
I actually did a test map tonight and  it was actually quite fun.  I am going
to recreate that fight I had in age of warlords with a new map with the three
factions, but I want to do one like James talked about as well.
Maybe the axis and allies map could be modified for that. Got to think about
that.

So you played the last three maps? I was worried that they might be difficult.
I actually like attacking the realm better then the defending the realm map,
just because of the tactics of how to break down those walls, and then to force
orcs thru the passes while they pretty much go thru a gauntlet of dwarven
defenders. If you can get  bowmen and trebuchets  onto the ramparts though, the
map is practically won.

One of the biggest problems for me was the thaumaturges and primuses working
together. They would each cast protection spells on units, making them dang
near invincible, I would send my toughest orcs int here, and they would just
hammer away and do like one point. The round next, and all the other dwarves
would  just slaughter  my poor defenseless innocent little orcs, grin.

Glad you enjoyed the new maps though, and thanks for letting me know.

al