[ian-reeds-games] age of warlords update and something for craig

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@freelist" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 02:13:30 -0500

Hi gang,
For craig,
Craig, this isn't a big deal, but  if you get a chance,  try out the
windwall skill. It is a spell that is set to "tile" but it also has a move
other unit script flag. What happens is that when it is cast on a unit, it
works fine. If it is cast on a tile, it coughs out an error, but it still
works. Just thought I would let you know. Someone else actually found that
one out.

Ok, now the update.

1.      All spell towers have a new spell called rejuvenate. It restores
energy to arcane spellcasters, and only to arcane spellcasters. As long as
it is a friendly spell tower it can rejuvenate energy for spellcasters who
are also friendly.
2.      The same kind of thing works for the temples and divine
spellcasters. This means that a spellcaster can be near their source of
power   and be much more effective, and might make the structures be placed
a little more strategically.
3.      The player cursor has been beefed up. You can now place ramparts.
You can also place any factions spell tower or temple on the map.
4.      Also, you can now place units on the map. The units are limited to
the dedicated ranged attack units, in other words archers, bowmen and
crossbowmen, plus catapults, ballistas and the like. This includes the gnoll
archers.
5.      All dragons, and the ungoliant, earth  elemental and great wyvern
and Cerberus can also be placed on the map.
6.      There is three new maps. They aren't that great however. They are
defending the realm, attacking the realm and the realm dual map. It should
be called realm mirror since it is like the holdfast mirror map meaning each
side has a portion of the map that is the same.

7.      Anyway, hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think, and
suggestions are welcome.

Actually as a side note, I want to thank all you guys. A lot of this map
pack was developed by suggestions given by players and so it really ended up
being something of a group project. So thanks to all of you for making those
suggestions. You made it a better game.
8.      The link is below.
9.
10.     https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68028683/age%20of%20warlords.zip