[ian-reeds-games] age of warlords update

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@freelist" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 23:37:54 -0400

Greetings, programs,
After some discussion with a playtester, I was threatened, blackmailed and
finally relented to do a few changes. After which, the playtester will
release my  cat from where he has kept it hostage.

Human and terran light infantry  now use a ranged melee weapon, meaning long
spears and pikes. These  have a range of two. The hope is to give them a
little flavor and a chance to survive a little longer, maybe devise some new
tactics. Due to the ranges of ranged weapons, I know it seems a bit weird,
but give it a go and see if it works for you.

Light infantry for halflings, and the elves have been given two attacks,
again witht eh theory that they will be more  interesting and might survive
a little longer in the fight.

Gnome skirmishers are given barbed darts, which is basically like little
javalins which they can use every three rounds. It makes their ambushing
techniques much more  helpful.

Minataurs now wear plate armor. Something to do with their union demanding
more time off, dental and vision insurance plans, etc and so forth. So these
guys should be tougher now. Apparently they were not doing well   with
chain.

I am having trouble it seems with the mount skill. I can't lock it down
because I have put a not useable on with every single structure and unit
minus the three or four it pertains to. I am guessing this is due to the
bugs victorious mentioned  earlier this week. So sorry about that. I have
reached the very finite limits of my small abilities.

The biggest change is the warden.
The transform script flag is a bit buggy and Craig  is not yet able to work
on it just yet, although I know he desperately wants to.

But until then, I was going to change some of the units.
The warden is the first.
Instead of changing into another unit, the warden will simply have an effect
that activates a health protect effect. This will take away normal attacks
but it will allow for a sneak attack.
However, if you do the sneak attack, the unit will become immediately
visible again. So pick and choose your sneak attacks.

It takes a round  or so to "recharge" and this is for the AI controlled
warden , so that it doesn't just use the skill stupidly.

It seems  to work fine, but unfortunately, you will have to continually
check the status of any wardens first before trying to hit them. The warden
isn't using integrity either at the moment, and it never seemed to work
right anyway.

I plan on doing this to the wraith, and I might make a work around for the
weer warrior as well. Let me know if it sucks or if you like it etc. Link is
below

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68028683/age%20of%20warlords.zip

al

 "The truth will make you free"