[ian-reeds-games] Re: after_movement script behaviour on summoning

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 17:17:46 -0600

Hey,
You didn't introduce it yet, nope.

Honestly, I don't think it should trigger it...the way I see it is if
a unit is moved, not placed. Same with when a map starts, the script
shouldn't automatically go into effect then either, since you
technically haven't moved the units yet.

Hope that helps.

On 7/20/15, Craig Brett <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

One of the things I'm going to be introducing in the next dev update is
an after_movement type script event. Or did I introduce it already. I'm
not sure. Sorry!

I'm not sure how scripters would expect this to behave on a summon,
though. Since, technically, summoning does move the new unit onto the
map, so it's a movement. It's current behaviour is that a summon (or
other things that put a unit on a map) do trigger this event. However,
with it being called after_movement, should it?

Part of me thinks it shouldn't, with the caveat that if unit summons /
creations don't cause after_movement things, scripters will have to
handle those kinds of things themselves in addition to after_movement,
if they want something to happen when the unit is summoned or moves, but
it does ultimately give scripters more control.

Any thoughts?

Craig

--
-Mew