[ian-reeds-games] Re: Warlords

  • From: shaun everiss <sm.everiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 11:09:52 +1200

sounds really cool will check it man.
good to see you back in the game.
At 10:49 AM 8/5/2013, you wrote:
Hey folks,
Before this summer I had been working on a medieval wargame.
I have done enough to let people play with it, and give suggestions. I haven’t played each map extensively, so there might be surprises, I don’t know.

Obviously some sounds are going to be missing, and I am still not completely happy with the balance, but I am hoping people will give it a chance and let me know if it it is decent enough to make more maps. Otherwise, I will probably hit the star wars map pack I have been wanting to do.

Some notes…
Right now there is shumans and in one map, goblins.
Each dwelling of each team has a life of it’s own.
As time goes by, the populations of the dwellings increase, enableing you when it reaches a threshold to expand, thus giving you more units to play with, and more money per round.

Each city has it’s defenders as well that protect the city, so you don’t have to think your dwelling is unprotected.

The units for the humans are:
Light infantry
Heavy infantry
Light cavalry
Heavy cavalry
Archers
Catapult
Wizard
Paladin

All infantry units and catapults move around 3 spaces, depending on terrain. Roads don’t change this, but hills and forests do.
Cavalry moves around four spaces.

Each unit has a random attack and random defense. That means each attack and defense is different each time. If a unit attacks, and doesn’t do damage, it is because the unit’s defenses were better then the attack against it.

I would recommend labeling your units since you can have a good dozen or more wandering around.

For human troops, they each also have the ability of gaining experience points. Each time they attack or charge a unit, they gain an xp point. After five points, they can upgrade to an elite unit. I wasn’t sure if five points was too low, but hopefully some input will come out of this.

Only human troops can gain experience, it is their distinct advantage, while the other races I plan to make have other qualities added to their units. For instance, the goblin archers use poisoned arrows, hopefully. They also have a flying cavalry unit.

Goblin units:
Goblin infantry, which is roughly a light infantry unit
Goblin warg cavalry, an elite light cav unit
Goblin wyvern cavalry, a flying unitthat can go over mountains and water, etc.
Goblin archers, they use poison
Ballista, which is basically their form of a siege engine.

Note to Ian: I don’t want this on the map page yet since it isn’t done.
I think that covers most of everything.
Link is below

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68028683/war%20lords.zip
al