[ian-reeds-games] Re: Trying to make a skill that creates items

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 14:16:11 -0600

Why not make a skill that just gives the unit an effect instead?

On 4/23/15, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

*sighs* Okay. I'll just change the skills for him and place some items
around. Hopefully this does become a thing in future.

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 14:02:49 -0600
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Re: Trying to make a skill that creates items
From: murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah, sorry for the bad news...
I think there was something about afterItemCreate for scripters, so
... maybe there's a chance item creation could be a thing in the
future?

On 4/23/15, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Which kind of defeats the purpose. I have gem points that there need to
be a
certain number of before a specific gem can be created, but the only
flags I
can see are ones that drop an item you already have or drop items when
you
die. I don't want my sun mages to have to die to benefit the other units
on
my side of the board.

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 08:48:36 -0600
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Re: Trying to make a skill that creates
items
From: murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Drop item does work, it just doesn't create items. Meaning you have to
have the item in your inventory to be able to drop it.

On 4/23/15, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I've hit a snag with my fledgling map pack. I'm trying to make a
skill
for
my Sun Mage that allows him to create Light Gems of varying sizes,
which
restore different amounts of Mana when used. However, the only way I
thought
this might be accomplished was by adding a "drop_item" flag in the
file,
and
big surprise, it didn't work.

Can you only place items on a map before you play through it, or
when
certain units die? If so, that kinda sucks. One of the dandy things
about
Sun and Eclipse Mages is their ability to create light gems and pass
them
out.

--
-Mew