[ian-reeds-games] Re: Trying to make a skill that creates items

  • From: "Craig Brett" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "craigbrett17@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 22:32:05 +0100

I might be about to adjust something to do with shared.CrateItem though. Trying to decide whether to or not. I'll keep you posted. Sorry if it causes any inconvenience to anyone. The rewards are definitely worth it.

On 26/04/2015 22:26, Craig Brett (Redacted sender craigbrett17@xxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:

It is possible, and oddly easier in script, yeah. Someone just needs to develop it.

Try having a temporary unit that drops the item on death, and the gem creation skills summoning that unit. Have it spawn at 0 hp or whatever, something to make it die immediately the instant it is spawned on the map. I remember having to do this for my own maps for some reason.