[ian-reeds-games] Re: Transforming effect isn't fizzling from a particular unit

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 08:43:50 -0600

Just hope the revert doesn't glitch on you hahaha.
It is weird how it doesn't end...the transformation file is the same
for each one, right?

Maybe make sure they can do damage to you as well?

On 5/12/15, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's just it. I was avoiding saving and reloading for precisely that
reason, since I knew about that issue already. All three others reverted
just fine. I made it an effect because otherwise they'd never turn back,
even though I made the resume original form skill an AI_buff one. What
puzzles me is that the effect only glitches up on this particular unit and I
can't see any typoes anywhere in her file to cause such a problem. Like I
said, I've revoked her flying privileges until such time as she cooperates
and changes back when I want her to. Maybe if I made it so they couldn't
attack in eagle form and then gave the AI the option to change back, it
would have no choice but to do so in order to defend itself.

I suspect, now that I'm experimenting with massive amounts of health on my
enemy units, that this is primarily why they're not coming at us. Their
health is so high they're over-confident. This bug should be fixed if I've
succeeded in pinning it down.
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 23:48:56 -0600
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Re: Transforming effect isn't fizzling from a
particular unit
From: murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Does she have a revert skill? There seems to be a glitch with the
revert skill combining with transformations that are effects.

And maybe not lazy, but if the unit can't damage you then it
definitely won't come at you. At least that happens in some of my maps
(although that doesn't explain that wraith king, since he damn well
CAN damage both of my units).

When it fizzled for your female, did you happen to save, exit and
reload beforehand? Because then your unit definitely won't revert.

On 5/11/15, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Update: I tried adding the skill to their files individually, complete
with
the point required. The same thing happened. Also, I noticed that the
unit
who wouldn't change back (and whose transformation privileges I have
revoked
until further notice) stayed where she was on the test map instead of
moving
toward me after I took away the shapeshifting skill.

Could this be because their health is so much higher than that of any of
my
units? I seem to remember Monkey having a similar issue with enemies
not
moving closer to his units, and they were several times stronger than
his
unit was. If there's a bug that makes really powerful units lazy, it
should
be looked into.

From: sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Transforming effect isn't fizzling from a
particular unit
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 13:16:01 +0930

I have four evil sorcerer/esses in my pack now, and all of them inherit
number of traits from the "Dark Mage" template. One of these is a
skill
that they use to turn into a powerful eagle-like creature for two
rounds. All the points necessary are in the "Dark Mage" file.

The
skill works just fine on three of my units, but on the fourth, when it
fizzles, she's stuck as an eagle instead of turning back to normal.
Given that it works just fine for her brother and sisters, it doesn't
make sense for it not to work exactly the same for her, especially
since
they all get it from the same place.

Anyone have an idea what
might be causing this? I checked her file and everything seems to be in
order. The only difference between her and her siblings is that they
have skills requiring extra points so there's no devastating spammage.
She doesn't have such a skill that requires unique points.

--
-Mew

--
-Mew