[ian-reeds-games] Re: Transformation effect duplicating units

  • From: "Craig Brett" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "craigbrett17@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 22:24:08 +0100

Hmmm... those aren't death transformations. Not really. They use an effect that works when you run out of a particular point, right?

Well, it lead me to the couple of bugs responsible and they've been annihilated.

On 29/05/2015 02:28, Monkey wrote:

I just made you a test pack with the death transformation problem,
since that's the biggest one for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikyl6j9i571zajt/The%20Zombie%20Example.zip?dl=0

I gave you some zombies to control in the bottom left-hand corner of
the map. Get the AI to control them and watch as they attack the
warriors. You'll see the duplication then.

On 5/28/15, Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do you want my full pack, or just a small test one?

On 5/28/15, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know it happens if you equip, unequip and re-equip an item that induces
transformation in the same sitting. I did this with Monkey's map once and
had to reload the map from my last save point to get rid of the extra
unit.
I don't like cheating my way to victory, haha.

I also had to change things so that my evil sorcerers could only cast one
transformation per round, or the unit they targeted would be transformed
twice. There's also the annoying bug of my sorcerer transforming a unit,
then proceeding to attack the original unit and doing significant damage,
even though the transformed unit has some protection from his type of
damage. But as the attack is dealt to the original unit and not the
transformed one, the damage is still counted even though the
transformation
happened first. It's only when someone else starts attacking that the AI
acknowledges the unit is now an animal or whatever.

Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 23:14:54 +0100
From: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Re: Transformation effect duplicating units

Is there a save or map pack I can use to replicate this? Might speed
things up.

On 16/05/2015 17:18, Monkey wrote:
More information's always good!

On 5/16/15, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yeah, I had mentioned it before, but I had more information and since
you
brought up the subject, I thought I'd add my piece.

Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 23:29:15 -0600
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Re: Transformation effect duplicating
units
From: murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, I'm pretty sure I remember you mentioning this...

Oh, and another bug I've noticed.
I've got a revert skill.
skill
10
|flags
description Reverts a transformation.
self
remove_effects=shadow_king,invisible_necromancer,ethereal,werewolf,wereking
non-attacking_cost=1
|script_flags

I've tried it both with and without the revert transformation script
flag, and I have the same problem.
Basically, the skill is used by the AI once, and the transformation
is
removed. The effect remains, however. The next turn, my unit is left
with no AP, so it can't perform actions, and enemy units won't
attack
it. It's as though the unit is invisible to them, I swear.

On 5/15/15, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've had this happen too! Enemy sorcerer/ess casts a curse on the
unit,
then
attacks the unit they just cursed, bringing their HP down even
though
they're not that unit any more. I had to set it so each evil mage
could
not
use more than one curse per round, as I would inevitably have
duplications.
When I first made my beast mage, he turned one of my units into a
cow
twice,
and that was only because he had six actions and the curse used
three.
This
happened even though I'd set the units_per_tile to 1.

I've seen other transformations in other maps work just fine, but
that
was
in the stable release and only when the transformation involved a
skill
used
only on the caster.

Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 15:24:04 -0600
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Transformation effect duplicating units
From: murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,
I've noticed an odd bug with transformations. Not sure if I
mentioned
this before, but here it goes again, if I have already done so.

So I've got this point.
point
10
|flags
description Disease.
hidden
at_zero=zombify
ordinal=1
And the effect that happens...
Effect
10 // parser version
|flags
description A unit becomes an evil zombie.
unit
announce
hidden
duration=25
|script_flags
transform_team 2 // it would be awesome if I could cause the
zombie
turn onto the team that the biter is on though...
transform_into zombie
effects_on_fizzle death

I've noticed that when the zombies bring down my disease points,
sometimes my single unit will transform and then end up
duplicating
into two or even three zombies on that tile. And my units_per_tile
is
set to 1 on all my maps so far.
I rearranged things, so that I could try converting zombies myself
just to see what would happen, and I set up verbose so that I
could
get more information. The duplication didn't happen when I
controlled
the unit, but when I let the AI perform then it used the bite
attack
to bring the disease points down, verbose said the warrior was
transformed by the effect, then my zombie changed things up and
started using attack for some reason (even though bite is first in
the
skillset, and just saying, attack doesn't even mention disease
points), which, according to verbose, caused the warrior (who had
already been transformed into a zombie, dammit) to lose HP before
suddenly transforming...again, putting another zombie on the same
tile
as the first. Then it used attack again, the warrior transformed,
and
there was a third zombie. In total, I ended up with four enemy
zombies
on that one tile before the AI stopped.

... Uuuuuuuuummmm, any ideas on what's going on here? This is
crazy.

--
-Mew

--