[ian-reeds-games] Re: Tactical battle

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 15:15:31 -0700

Ok, unless anybody objects I could do this whenever damage is inflicted.

Additionally I'm thinking of having sounds like this:
attack_pre.wav
attack.wav
warrior_hit.wav
attack_pre would happen first, then when it finishes the 2 other sounds would play together. In this way you could have an attack_pre sound for an arrow flying and a sound for it making contact would play at the same time as the grown of the warrior. Similarly a sound for creating and firing a fireball could be fireball_pre, then when it finishes the explosion sound and the unit getting hit sound would play at the same time. Potentially for a fireball since it does splash damage all the units hit would play their pain sounds at the same time as the explosion.

I think that allows for a reasonable amount of flexibility.
And if you don't have all those sounds then attack_pre versus attack are pretty much the same and you can have the current kind of behavior.