[ian-reeds-games] Re: Tactical Battle 2.0 dev 8

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 17:12:50 -0700

Ooh, awesome! Super excited to check this out! Thank you!

On 1/4/16, me me <sleepio1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, great update, the only problem is that that I can't hold down keys
to repeat them even after exiting the game. I'm not sure why that was
put in in the first place, but it was removed when you exited the game.
Now it's not removed even when you close the game. And I don't know how
to get rid of it now, short of restarting the pc.

On 1/4/2016 3:45 PM, Craig Brett (Redacted sender craigbrett17 for
DMARC) wrote:
Hi all,

I'm happy to announce that Tactical Battle 2.0 dev 8 is now ready for
use. Feel free to get it from the update option in your TB main menu
or else from the following link:
http://blindaudiogames.com/downloads/Tactical%20Battle%20Dev.zip

The changes in this version are:

1. Added an item take_sound flag, to play a sound when you pick up an
item.
2. Implemented an insufficient_points_message flag for points, that
allows you to customize the message spoken when trying to use a skill
that you don't have enough points for.
3. Fixed a bug where point friendly names weren't being used when
reading inflict or restore messages.
4. Fixed a bug where silenced point changes might still be announced
over multiplayer.
5. Made it so that while waiting for another human player to take
their turn in multiplayer, you will hear sounds and messages,
regardless of your battle log settings. AI turns will still not be
announced until the battle log. If you have battle log on, you will
still get the battle log at the end of the turn.
6. Made it so that passive skills can also have the impassable flag on
them, to make a unit or structure impassable.
7. Introduced a tile.IsValidDestinationFor function for scripters,
which incorporates the tile.CanHold logic as well as passable and
flyable terrain checks.
8. Fixed a bug where splash effects that weren't able to be added due
to effect immunities or the effect applying skill killing the target
unit caused a crash.
9. Fixed a bug where effects wouldn't be passed through to
AfterPointDamage scripts in some instances

Along with this, I've included the latest versions of the scripts of
ShadowMamba, KeeWasFull and myself. I'm not sure on their changelogs,
but the changes to my scripts are just these two:

* Made the {1} placeholder in the success_message flag apply to tiles
if there is no unit targeted
* Used tile.IsValidDestinationFor instead of tile.CanHold to make
move_other_unit scripts respect tile impassability and such like

These should fix some nasty bugs and in particular, fix one of the
bigger issues with online, namely not knowing what's going on while
you wait for an opponent to take a turn if you have battle log on.

Any feedback on these changes is of course, gratefully appreciated.
And let me know if you have any questions.

We hope you like the changes!

Enjoy,
Craig

-----
You can unsubscribe from this list by sending email to
ian-reeds-games-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the
Subject field.
Or by visiting the list page at
//www.freelists.org/list/ian-reeds-games

Download the latest dev version of Tactical Battle here:
http://blindaudiogames.com/downloads/Tactical%20Battle%20Dev.zip

--
-Mew