[ian-reeds-games] Re: Tactical Battle 2.0 dev 2 is ready

  • From: Carlos Macintosh <sleepio1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 19:43:58 -0500

wow, can't wait to script TB with these new changes! I'm downloading the game right now. I'll probably be releasing some script updates in the near future as well.

On 3/1/2015 6:38 PM, Craig Brett (Redacted sender craigbrett17@xxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:
Hi all,

As you may have seen, things have picked up a little with TB development and the result is this latest release.

I've been told that the auto-updater probably won't work right this time, so you'll have to download it manually from this link: http://blindaudiogames.com/downloads/Tactical%20Battle%20Dev.zip

Extract it to a different folder than where Tactical Battle currently lives (I accidentally tried it and got into a bit of a mess). Then you can copy your map packs and settings folders over to the new place. And it'll be as good as new.

Here are the changes in dev 2:

1. Various performance enhancements to help the game run more smoothly.
2. Fixed a bug where pressing Alt+O to switch the output type to screen reader would sometimes need you to alt+tab away and back to the window to get NVDA to read it. 3. Fixed a bug where if a unit died due to an effect applied by a script, we don't accidentally kill them again. 4. Added a shared.RemoveEffect function for scripters to remove effects in a way that will still trigger effect after removed logic and also read out effect removed messages if the effect requires it. 5. Added a unit.DoDamageTo function for scripters that allows a unit to do damage to another unit's point with a given damage type, taking into account modifiers on both the attacker and the defender. 6. Added a unit.DoRestoreTo function for scripters that allows a unit to restore another unit's points, taking into account modifiers on both the attacker and the defender. 7. Added an AllFlags hash to units, skills, items and effects that allows scripters to get the values of the flags as set in the files with map overrides taken into account. 8. Implemented after_item_equipped and after_item_unequipped scripting events. 9. Fixed a potential problem with date and times when downloading map campaigns. 10. Added a new global javascript function, randomSound(string), to let scripters use the same random sound logic that is used in game.

As a result of 5 and 6, I also updated my scripts and they're included in this release. My scripts received the following updates:

1. Critical_hit_inflict and Critical_hit_restore now work correctly. They take into account mods on attacker and defender and also correctly kill units when relevant points reach 0. 2. Fixed a bug where skills that had move_other_unit flags wouldn't actually kill units if they removed all their health (or similar) points, and they would then become immortal, since their health point was already at 0.

Thanks to Ian for the first two changes and advice on some of the others, as well as for deploying it. And well... creating TB as well, I guess :)

I hope you all like the changes in this update. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Enjoy!

Craig