[ian-reeds-games] Re: Tactical Battle 1.13 dev 7

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 12:28:07 -0700

Hi guys,

Zak, actually AI won't control your team if you are disconnected. The game can continue until it's your turn and then everyone has to wait for you to rejoin.
And that feature isn't ready yet, but I'm planning on it.
I thought it would also be helpful for games that you start with a friend and then want to save to come back to later. There may also need to be some mechanism for booting a player who is gone too long. Interesting that you were experiencing lag just while moving around the grid. I'm not sure why that would be but I'll think about it some more.

Carlos, apparently if the map pack folder is missing completely it doesn't work as I thought. Just one of those things I didn't test well enough. I'm glad you guys found that.

Craig, don't get your hopes too high. It's still got a lot of bugs to work out. I just wanted to share it as I've been working on it for so long and it finally reached a somewhat playable state.

Well, thanks for the testing. I'll have a look at the issues you found today.