[ian-reeds-games] Tactical Battle 1.13 dev 4

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 18:28:18 -0700

Hi all!

I've been quiet for a while as I've been working heavily on multiplayer. It's definitely the most difficult and time consuming feature I've done for Tactical Battle.

And it's still not done, sigh. It has come very far though and I'm definitely more than half way there.

Sometimes I need to take breaks from it and do smaller features so I've done a few and am releasing dev 4.

Here's the changes for dev 4:
17 Added visuals for menus.
18 Added visuals for items.
19 Made it so all skills show up in the unit menu for enemies. This way you can press F4 on them to hear the descriptions of enemy skills. 20 Fixed a bug where loading a game after starting the program fresh would cause start turn changes to occur. 21 Made it so that an item is equippable if any of it's equip type names match the unit's equip type names.

Allan, 20 is the save game bug you found.  Good work.
21 will allow you to do the equip_type= stuff using class names as you asked for. You can specify multiple equip types on units or items by separating them with commas.

Carlos, your suggestion about making the contextual help into a menu is a good one and I'm probably going to do it as you say, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I just want everyone to know that even when I don't respond I'm still reading all the emails and considering every suggestion you guys make.

Also, I've had to make some large under the hood changes in order to support multiplayer so keep an eye out for bugs in the single player experience in dev 4 and beyond.

Here's the link for dev 4:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43120001/Tactical%20Battle%201.13%20dev%204.zip