[ian-reeds-games] Tactical Battle 1.13 dev 1

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 00:35:17 -0700

Hey all!

I'm releasing Tactical Battle 1.13 dev 1.

This release is primarily focused on scripting enhancements though the player_team= flag is also interesting.

Here's the list of changes:
1 Added the player_team= map flag to specify which team is controlled by the player. 2 Fixed a bug where AI would sometimes attack units that were already dead and removed from the map. 3 Added after_effect_applied, after_effect_removed, and after_effect_fizzled events to effects for scripters.
4 Added the after_death event to units for scripters.
5 Added shared.CreateUnit, map.AddUnit, and map.RemoveUnit methods for scripters.

I also included Craig's most up to date scripts and documentation.

Craig, shared.CreateUnit should be what you need to make a fresh unit of a certain type. I think the events will give you most of what you need to do the duration/effect based charm. Let me know if there's something you need me to add and thanks for the hard work on the features. Scripting is still in reasonably early stages so you're kind of pioneering it.

Everyone, one caveat of player_team= is that it does not change the order of the team's turns. So setting player_team=2 means you'll go after team 1. Later I'll add a team_order= map flag or something to let you choose the order the teams go in on a particular map.

Here's the link for 1.13 dev 1:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43120001/Tactical%20Battle%201.13%20dev%201.zip