[ian-reeds-games] Re: Tactical Battle 1.12 dev 9

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 02:10:28 -0500

Ok, I can't make promises but I will try to get the first starship whittled
down to size and left as a complete series. I don't think it is worthy of being
in any release however.

The borg were always beaten and always with picard leading the way, inventing
new and interesting ways to beat them. Only in one movie did he actually fight
them and destroy them, in final conflict.

As for something like your talking about, that is going to be very difficult.
The game isn't really geared for anything more then very interesting tactical
scenarios, and technically, the campaigns we all create are  not really
conforming to the purpose of the game as a whole.
I also really don't have the time to keep all the fiction up to date in the
maps. There is just not enough time and energy to do all that. That was one of
the reasons I was making the new map, to be a kind of template for anyone,
including yourself, to easily plug in your own stuff when the time comes when
you feel a creative urge to put your vision into practice. It is my hope that
it will be very easy for people to play with the map, if it is easy enough,
ahnd make their own stuff.

So, I think what I will do is make four maps. That player build one. The other
three introducing a cast of characters in a alternate version of the first
starship maps, as a homage to the new star trek movies. After that I can't
promise anything. I have to rewrite the zombie stuff cause it is all old and I
need to get the stuff working properly and I also got some fantasy stuff I want
to complete. I know that ain't your thing, but I do enjoy that stuff and it is
fun since it has a whole diffrent way of interacting with surroundings.

I guess that isn't what you want to hear, but I really can't promise much more
than that right now.

Ian is using this game as a spring board to the ultimate goal of an rpg maker,
where the tactical battles  game will in essence be the combat portion of the
rpg. To think, a fully customizable rpg that can feature anything in it,
utilizing all these great tools to express creativity in an amazing interactive
format! It's fantastic.