[ian-reeds-games] Re: Tactical Battle 1.11 dev 12

  • From: Austen Perry <austentheaxewielder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 10:52:11 -0600

hey all,
sorry its been awhile but been doing a lot lately and as i have like 4
and creating another map pack at the moment it is sometimes hard to
catch up in time to be able to comment and the likes.
i will say that my kingdom of war, and the christmas maps are up to
date now, if only you had waited a day to release lol.
i am working on my space maps still but as there are some things
stopping me from moving further with it in terms of features i have
started work on a modern combat theme where you have soldiers and the
likes and have been busy planning different parts of it out and
getting terrain together.
the few things i realy want to be implemented because of my space maps
are these,
1 a way to make moveself be blocked by terrain with no flying, where
as a ship inside a hanger would not be able to micro jump through a
wall and somewhere that is technicaly not possible to get to.
micro jump, or space time continueum jump in my pack, is a faster way
to get further using less resources but requires different resources
then normal flying, good for going long distances without shift
arrowing 30 times.
the problem is, that with moveself, it doesn't care if a terrain is
blocked or not, it takesthe unit right to the target square, and i am
currious if there can be a way that thered have to be a clear path to
a place, so when not using line of sight instead of going over a wall
it would have to determine the shortest way to get there and use jump
if this at all makes since .
2 of course is submaps, for large maps with planets moons and the likes.
3 is some way to fix the issue with a unit skill like land, where the
effect land wich has death doesn't work. i would like a way to destroy
a unit while giving aother unit a point amount, here in being
starships.

also, here are a few suggestions i've thought of for my modern combat maps.
1 howabout a skill that lets a unit go on to a blocked terrrain such
as a wall, but only the one type of terrain? my idea is to have a tree
wich is impassable but to have a climbing skill to climb on to the
tree for extra sightrange or range. this would be nice for climbing
walls as well, but trees where first to mind.
2 on the same concept, whatabout a swimming skill that lets the unit
as a passive skill be able to go in impassable water terrain such as
river lakes and the likes? this would be nice for evasion or faster
means of travel, but could also have sideaffects in water, but a
passive swimming skill would be nice.
3 this one is good. whatabout a terrain that has a skill, that in
every predetermined amount of turns automaticaly performs the skill,
like a valcano, where in every 5 turns it uses the skill eruption and
anything near it wouldb get burnt to a crips lol, could be used for a
coastal hurricane or thunderstorms, but to have an automatic trigger
for the sskill would be nice as the valcano would not be destroyable
and could even be climbed, bu if not careful it could erupt and kill
your units lol.
5 i think i've mentioned this before but a way to let another team
take the first move, as the player always goes first and i think it
would be nice if this wasn't so, maybe even a coin toss to see who
goes first lol to mke the desision random.
6 i think my last suggestion is a way to give other units a skill, a
skill to give a skill lol, like give gun wich takes the skill fire gun
from the unit casting, and give the skill fire gun to the unit
targeted, then another skill could be give amo and the amo points
could be transfered and the unit targeted would have a kne wweapon,
this kind of goes along with a preious suggestion of pickupable items
that stay with the unit that took the item. just an idea for later
use.

hope i've not said too much lol great work still ian keep it up.

austen