[ian-reeds-games] Re: TB 1.13 dev 29

  • From: abigail prescott <abigail.prescott@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 00:40:32 +0100

Yeah, it would be cool if the program could be made to know where to put the right lines. I don't know how easy that is in the language Ian is using, which I think is c#. In bgt you can search for specific words or characters in a file, or skip to a certain position in a file. I'm not sure how easy it is to count lines. If there is a way to count lines it might not be too hard, except some things sometimes go over more than one line. Searching for particular words might work, but even then, as the old files weren't really very structured, I don't know how easy that would be either. Writing to files isn't hard, but editing some files can be.

Yeah, there's always a downside to progress. In this instance, it's having to add |flags and |script_flags. Not much of a downside if you weigh it against the benefits.

Abi

-----Original Message----- From: Allan Thompson
Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2013 12:06 AM
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Re: TB 1.13 dev 29

Well, when you say it that way, I guess it makes sense. It is just that it
seems different because the program is takeing the info, and rearranging it
automatically, and there is some things that are very different between
parser 2 and parser 10, especially in unit files.

I suppose all default files will now start with the | flags thingy come to
think of it.