[ian-reeds-games] Star Wars updated

  • From: Craig Brett <craigbrett17@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 11:55:29 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

I've put out some updates to the Star Wars map packs. Grab it from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5405418/2%20Star%20Wars%20A%20New%20Hope.zip

Several things have been rebalanced. Space battles are now making use of chance, i.e a lot of shots won't necessarily land first time round but will be much stronger when they do. Obi Wan now can use a Jedi mind-trick to help him navigate the Deathstar when he's sneaking around. It doesn't last long at all and only has a range of 1 space, but it could be handy somewhere. Chapters 6 and 7 are now in, which includes the final fight with the Deathstar and the final mission, Luke's dive into the trench. I'm now also using colours for units, to add a little more visual appeal. The stormtroopers wear their whites and Darth Vader had an urge to wear black. That's not an exclusive list and there may be other things I'm forgetting.

I hope you all like it, please give any feedback, as it's all welcome. Especially on whether you think anything's too easy or hard. Or if you think the game is too chance oriented as opposed to strategic.

I can say this is almost done now, pending a couple of things I want to do. Firstly, I need to find the sound of Ben Kenobi telling Luke to use the force in the trench, preferably without all the background stuff. I know the files are out there, as I've seen them on a flash based soundboard on starwars.com. I just can't find a way to snag the files from it... or even somewhere where I can ask to buy them. I also need to go through and correct my spelling of Kenobi, pretty much everywhere in the map pack. Lastly, I need to finish up the documentation. Other than those little things, I'd say it's there.

Hope all of you are well,

Craig