[ian-reeds-games] Re: Star Wars thoughts

  • From: Craig Brett <craigbrett17@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 13:50:10 -0500 (EST)

Hi Allan,

Thank you for your feedback, it all helps! I hope you don't mind me responding to some of these points...

1. Regarding Torpedo ranges, yeah, I'd seen that problem before. It was more that I didn't take into account sight range with torpedos. I might make it so that it just ignores sight range, so if you know where an enemy is, you could still fire on it, kind of like indirect fire where someone tells you where to aim your torpedos. I'm sure I've seen that in a Star Wars novel somewhere...

2. Healing touch is kind of by design. Healing touch is supposed to be more effective in exchange for its limited range. How it's easier to focus on something nearby as opposed to far away. I wasn't sure I wanted it to be useable on yourself though. Luke self-heals, though admitedly not much yet. I'm open to suggestions though. Maybe I'll make it so distant heal is the one you can't use on yourself.

3. I get the same pronounciation issues with my syntehsiser as well. It's one of those things where I've got to choose between correct spelling, or what I assume is correct spelling at least, and making it sound good. Any thoughts, anyone?

4. Yeah, you might be right. In theory, you can 1-shot a tie fighter or interceptor and certainly a bomber. It depends on how the numbers come up for you. Might be a case where I've gone a little too random though.

5. Chapter 1 is quite tough, yeah. My best strategy is to go diagonal, since you'll find them to be weakpoints. The slight down and upside to not having diagonal movement I guess. Just ensure you make your X wings take the damage and slip the transport by. As to the tie bombers, I've only just remembered that they can't attack fighters (i'd like to just give them a really really low chance with fighters instead but for now it's just no attacking). They don't have fighter escort either, since they're there just to try to stop you from escaping. Those hints might make it a little too easy lol.

6. For Chapter 7 part 1, maybe I should've been more direct in giving the objective. Basically, you're going for the Ties, but at the same time you need to stop the Death Star getting so bored of your fighters that it goes over and blows up the base. Specifically, you need to take out big Darth V and his wingmen.

I hope that helps and it's given me some things to consider for future releases!

Craig