[ian-reeds-games] Some feature suggestions

  • From: Zak Claassen <zak.claassen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 19:25:26 +0200

Hi, I've got a few feature suggestions that I would like to see in the
game if they're not too hard to implement.
1. A sight_range_bonus, not sure if its already planned or weather its
problematic to code or something, but it would just make sense to have
it since we have a range_bonus.
2. Give a unit/structure the ability to contain other units, to for
example create a carrier unit/structure to transport other units over
terrain which they cannot move across, such as a flying carrier or a
ship to take units across water.
3. A flag for points that would make so that it wouldn't be read out
when pressing f4 on a unit.  Would be useful for example when you're
creating points to do something you can't do directly but it isn't
necessary for the player to know about them.
4. The ability to set the value of a unit flag, for example to change
the team or modify a unit's maximum health, with a skill or effect.
5. The ability to cause certain units not to be affected by particular
skills.  I remember this one being mentioned before.  For example, I
have a skill which, when used on units, allow them to fly for a turn,
but there are some units for which I don't want this to be possible.
Not sure how many of these are practical, just some ideas.