[ian-reeds-games] Re: So I had a peek at AGE even though I discovered it had been discontinued...

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 22:30:28 +0930

Text adventures would have been even worse! I like to roam free and find things
as I find them while moving around and exploring. What annoyed me was the fact
that I had to scroll through a seemingly endless succession of menus instead of
short scenes, some time to move around and pick up items, battles here and
there, and testing powers on random things to break them open and get more
stuff. :D That's the kind of game my mum would play while I listened and
cheered her on. That's the kind of game I want to make.

From: allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Re: So I had a peek at AGE even though I discovered
it had been discontinued...
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 08:24:18 -0400

I actually liked shadowgate as played on ian’s game engine. Last I heard was
that someone was going to port zork to it…although I am not sure of its current
status.I like the game engine because I was never thrilled with text
adventures. I would rather prefer a choice of options rather than trying to
figure out just the right way to say "pick sword up". Just my two cents,
grin.al From: ian-reeds-games-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx