[ian-reeds-games] Re: ShadowGate by Nina0116 running in AGE 1.04

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 14:28:42 -0600

Craig, I'm so glad you liked ShadowGate.
Nina0116 deserves all the credit for that one.

I assume Nina is female as well but that is based only on the alias. Sometimes I have tried to avoid using words like she or her, but it makes writing much more difficult and I generally break down and use those words anyway.

I believe she is working on a new adventure but appreciates bug reports and tries to fix them.

She actually sent me an updated copy with a couple bugs fixed but I have not yet released it so you may be reporting some she's already fixed.
My hope was to get the in game downloads working for both TB and AGE.
In that way it will be easy to get ShadowGate updates out to everyone.

Nina0116 is not on this mailing list but can be found on the audiogames.net forum.

Thanks for your appreciation for my work as well.

I'm proud of AGE though I feel that it was somewhat duplicating work as there are so many interactive fiction engines out there already. I wasn't familiar with them when I started it though and was building an engine that could support BAVISoft type games. And of course I learned a lot from it about hosting javascript so it was definitely a worthwhile project.