[ian-reeds-games] Re: ShadowGate by Nina0116 running in AGE 1.04

  • From: Craig Brett <craigbrett17@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 15:43:31 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ian,

I've finally completed this. I must say it's brilliant. Anything that keeps me coming back until I beat it is challenging enough, but yet not so challenging that I rage quit or anything.

It's probably easier than I made it, since I only discovered the save function the time before I beat it, so there was a fair amount of time where I was starting from scratch because I didn't know about the @ sign bringing up the in-game menu. Even without using any saves, I got close to beating it, I know, I'm showing off. Accidentally this time though!

There were a couple of bugs and I got curious and started exploring the codebase. I know what they are now. Is it worth passing these on to Nina0116 or is this no longer being debuggered? They're JS bugs more than bugs with the engine.

Otherwise, though, a great engine and a great adventure! I keep wondering whether to write one myself, but I think I should get C&C to a relatively good level first and get these scripts done. Maybe some day though!

Well, wanted to pass on my feedback on something I enjoyed. It's kept me occupied for the past day or so on and off. As the saying goes, it's been emotional. I doubt Nina is on the list but I'll pass on my thanks if ever I encounter her (I assume Nina is of the female persuasion).

Thanks for your own hard work on this as well. As Allan said, your hard work is the foundation where we can all put in our hard work.

Craig