[ian-reeds-games] Script update: Form up!

  • From: "Craig Brett" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "craigbrett17@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 20:15:03 +0100

Hi all,

Its been a while since I updated my scripts, but I had an idea for one a couple of days ago so I've added it. I've added in a stack_into flag.

Stack_into allows you to use a skill to combine a given number of a particular type of unit present on the same tile into another unit. This one is possibly best illustrated by an example skill:

Skill
10
|flags
description Combines 3 conscripts into a conscript squad. Conscripts must be present on the same tile.
self
friendly_name=Form Army
range=0
key=f
|script_flags
stack_into conscript squad // the name of the new type of unit
stack_number 3 // how many must be present

The intention is to allow you to form armies and such, similar to Civilization type games pre-Civ 5 for those who have played or heard of it. This should hopefully mean you can make less moves to take down bigger enemies using small ones. Its essentially just to save time for the player, but there's no reason not to give squads bonuses beyond just 3x health and damage.

I've put the scripts in my dropbox: To get the newest ones, you can use this link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5405418/Craig%20Brett.zip And the documentation is available from here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5405418/Craig%20Brett%20Documentation.zip

Ian, I don't know how you put newer versions of scripts in the deployment, but if its alright, could you update the version that ships with the game? Providing no one finds any bad stuff, that is.

I hope you all like!

Craig