[ian-reeds-games] Re: Script explanations wanted

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 16:24:53 -0700

I meant for useable items, yes! I should've clarified that when I
brought it up earlier, oops.
Although I do like the thought of a percent inflict option...you know,
instead of putting down a number after health_inflict=, you can put a
percentage instead. But I don't think you have control over that since
it's not a scripting thing.

Darn! Worth a try though! I guess music changing when a certain unit
comes into sight isn't doable either, right?

Yeah, I was considering that. I'm just worried because I have the
not_useable_on= flag in most of my skills so if I make more units I
might forget to place their names into the skills that can't be used
on them. But yes, I suppose that does work too.

You did the randomize script flag, right? Is there a way ... I can
summon one unit, but randomize the type that is summoned, and maybe
have each one have a certain chance of appearing? Like, orcs have a
40% chance of being summoned, ogres a 30% chance, wargs a 10% chance,
trolls a 10% chance, sappers a 5% chance, and demons a 5% chance? Or
even without the percentage, but randomize the unit that appears on
one tile?
This way I can combine all of my summon skills for my orc commander
into one or two, and the AI doesn't waste all of the AP on something
that has such a low chance of succeeding.

Do you know a place I could potentially find sounds for orcs? I
currently have the goblin sound from the getting started maps, but I
want to make goblins eventually and would prefer the two species to
have different sounds.
I'm also looking for a sound like a sword being stabbed into and then
withdrawn from something, for a move that I've made. Kind of like the
one from this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cLtsqz60ds&feature=youtu.be&t=2m22s

--
-Mew