[ian-reeds-games] Re: Request for chance flag

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 20:25:41 -0600

I meant that you can use chance=200 and that'll work too. Or higher numbers.
When testing it works, anyway, and it's extremely handy when you want
skills to still work regardless of chance modifiers that have been
placed on the target.

On 6/3/15, Allan Thompson <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

What do you mean by chance working with higher numbers than 100%? The way I
understood it was that if you put in a chance =a number between one and 100
that this would be the percentage chance of success for that skill. I was
just wondering if the number range could be changed to simulate certain
dice
rolls.

For instance I might want a range of one through six for an attack and make
the success chance a 1 through 2. Or even a 1 through 20 that is so often
used for Dungeons & Dragons. I know there's all sorts of bell curves with
dice and not quite sure about how random works in a program. But converting
a combat system for tactical battles from a pencil and paper game would be
little easier with the calculations. I hope I described this a little bit
better.
Al