[ian-reeds-games] Repost: some issues

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 12:13:05 -0600

Hello,

 Not sure if this is a bug, but in the impassable_terrain= flag, if I
don't put down a certain terrain because I want that particular unit
to be able to go through it and it is normally impassable, the unit
still can't pass through. Is this a bug, or is it intentional?

And another possible bug, this one with teams...
 I have a unit that's on team 8, and one on team 1. Teams 8 and 1 are
allies, and both are enemies with team 7, who I'm battling against.
So, my unit on team 8 is trying to heal either the unit on team 1, or
the unit on team 7. It says "You do not want to help your enemies."
The skill is set to friendly.
 Is this because it's trying to heal the enemy, or its ally that isn't
on the same team? Personally I think it's trying to heal its ally on
team 1 but it can't, and here's why.
When the friends= flag has team 1 specified in the team 8 file, for
some reason my team 1 units get splash damage from team 8's attacks,
even though I have friendly fire disabled. When I remove team 1 from
the friends= flag, I don't get the splash damage for some reason.
Is there anything that can be done about this?

 Also, I've noticed several times that when the AI is performing the
move skill that I end up geting the message "You can only perform move
1 spaces away. There is a bug in the artificial intelligence. It was
trying to perform move." My skill looks like this:
 Skill
 10
 |flags
 description Moves this unit to a new location.
 tile
 move_self
 ai_move
 range=1
 AP's_cost=1
 move_AP's_cost=1
 move_keys
 sound=move
 |script_flags

And finally, with the remove_effects flag in skills combined with
transformations that are effects.
When I use a revert skill to undo the transformation, I have it set as
remove_effects=, so that I remove the effect directly. It's weird
though, because I use the skill, the transformation is undone, but the
effect is still on the unit in question and I have to use the "revert"
skill again to get rid of it.

 Any ideas on what my problems are here?