[ian-reeds-games] Re: Pros and cons of different game mechanics

  • From: Zak Claassen <zak.claassen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 01:44:40 +0200

I don't think tb needs all this, the reason why its essential in toc
is because it has large maps and a lot of similar units, so
controlling each individually would take forever.  So far it doesn't
really seem necessary for tb since you rarely go a turn without
something happening, where toc plays out over literally hundreds of
turns tb never takes nearly that long.  I'm sure multiplayer could
work fine in tb's current state.  People would design multiplayer maps
to work best with the gameplay.  Something that might be useful though
is the ability to set a timer for how long a turn can last on
multiplayer so that you don't have to wait forever for your opponent
to make his move.