[ian-reeds-games] Re: Problem getting a particular unit to fly

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 04:26:46 -0400

Maybe you can try the transform_into script flag from craig.

With friendly name I think even the nit can seem to be the same, or so my
theory goes.

The beauty of this is that the new unit could have whatever new terrain
limits etc needed. It could have the flying flag already there without
resorting to an effect.

Just a thought. Hope that is helpful in some way.

al

Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 23:51:03 -0700
From: murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Or is that not what you're looking for here?

On 8/31/15, Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Blocking them from this tile is easy, just set an impassable_terrain
flag in the evil units' files and specify the haven terrain.

On 8/31/15, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bringing this back because there was another similar situation I forgot
address. There are special terrains in my map-pack called "havens"
which
the
evil/enslaved units cannot pass onto because they magically repell
evil.
don't want them to die if they step onto those terrains because aside
from
that not being how the havens would work in the proper game, it would
make
beating every single map ridiculously easy if there was a haven square
on
it.

From: sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 07:09:47 +0930

I would assume that any terrains the unit couldn't normally pass over
with
the not_affect_flying flag should be flyable if the right effect is
used,
regardless of established terrain limits. This unit is human, but can
breathe under water, so doesn't need a ford or the like to cross
rivers/lakes/sections of ocean. She would need to be able to follow her
companions if they flew over cliffs/mountains, however.

Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 21:28:15 +0100
From: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Re: Problem getting a particular unit to
fly

How would that even work, though?

I'm not sure how flying is supposed to work with terrain limits. Which
takes precedence?

Maybe I need to think about this...

On 23/08/2015 21:07, Monkey wrote:
So what you want is a terrain flag that works with skills/items
and/or
effects?

On 8/23/15, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
But it doesn't make sense for her to be able to move over mountains
by
default because mountains aren't bodies of water.

Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 06:50:04 -0600
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Re: Problem getting a particular unit
fly
From: murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
Yes, you'll have to add the mountains into the list of terrain
that
your unit can pass.

On 8/23/15, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi again,

Another thing I've noticed. I have a unit who can swim, meaning I
had
write up a special terrain_limit list for her that included any
bodies
of
water most units couldn't cross normally. The problem is, when I
gave
her
the ability to fly, she couldn't move up onto the mountains I had
in
my
test
map like the other flying units could. I'm guessing this is to do
with
the
altered terrain_limit flag, but I can't take that ability of hers
away
because that's part of what makes the Water-Chosen special.

--
-Mew
__________

--
-Mew

--
-Mew
field.
Or by visiting the list page at
//www.freelists.org/list/ian-reeds-games

Download the latest dev version of Tactical Battle here:
http://blindaudiogames.com/downloads/Tactical%20Battle%20Dev.zip