[ian-reeds-games] Re: Possible flag suggestion

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 12:59:01 -0600

I was thinking more for skills that should bypass protection...like
certain attacks in the Pokémon games that will damage and ignore any
stat modifiers done to the target.
The terrain one does also have potential though, certainly.

On 6/22/15, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Or if a unit stepped onto a terrain with a particular set of modifiers on
it, it could ignore the terrain's effects. Might make for some interesting
immunity skills that don't require one to be a flying unit.

Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 13:57:40 -0600
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Possible flag suggestion
From: murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey,
I was wondering if an ignores_modifiers flag (it could definitely use
a better name than that though) would be useful for anyone?
Basically, that means that a unit will ignore any protection or
weakness that a unit has, excluding what's specified in the unit file.
So if it has an effect that grants it resistance to fire, and a fire
attack has that flag on it, it will ignore the resistance granted by
the effect and do damage as it should if the effect wasn't present.

--
-Mew