[ian-reeds-games] No announcement of skill's use or sound when performing a skill

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 14:27:16 +0930

Hi,

I just noticed this problem when trying to play through the first map in my
fledgling pack. When I used this skill, it succeeded, but the sound did not
play, nor was the use of the skill announced—sapi just said "Battle map" and
the sound for the character played. I tried using another skill in a different
map, and that worked just fine and was announced. I have not put the new
"no_announce" flag in anything yet, so I don't know why this happened. The
contents of this file:

Skill
10
|flags
description Through the power of song, the unit teleports to another location.
tile
move_self
magesong_cost=1
mana_cost=3
range=10
no_line_of_sight
sound=magesong
|script_flags

I tested this map literally two days ago and the sound played when using the
skill, as well as the announcement of use. I don't know why this is happening.
:(