[ian-reeds-games] Re: (No Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 12:23:15 +1300

  • From: "Jono Heaps" <jono_heaps@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I'm pretty sure both of those features are possible to a certain extent. In
the Kobolt Dungion maps, Allan makes use of traps and doors that have to be
overcome before certain enemies will emerge, therefore creating several
unique areas that increase in difficulty as you make your way through the
map. This technique could easily be used to create bosses, I would imagine.
All you'd have to do is create a rout whereby the player has no alternative
but to complete the entire map before facing a boss.
The map also includes pits that result in instant death if a unit passes
over the square and traps that will kill you if you don't disarm them before
moving over the offending tile. I don't know whether or not that effect
could be modified so that it wasn't perminant. My programming skills are
less than nonexistent. *grins*
I'm sure someone on the list will know.

Good luck.

Jono