[ian-reeds-games] My maps! They broked!

  • From: Craig Brett <craigbrett17@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 21:37:34 +0100

Hi all, particularly Ian, but any of you may be able to fill me in:

My story is a little conveluted, but I'll provide a short version at the end.

I briefly checked in around the time of v20, just over a week ago. I then briefly checked back up until v22. I was keeping up to date, even if not replying. I understand someone else was looking at putting on a scripting hat and doing some magic. Then... woomf! Stuff happened and lots of mails were sent. New versions appeared, each more shiny than the last (well alright, 23 and 24). I don't know what was in 23, but 24 said something about auto-updating, so I wanted it. I went to the Blindaudiogames site and got the latest dev, dev 28! Ok, so I think, things might be interesting. I accidentally nuked my original copies of TB, but I don't think I had any useful stuff in there anymore anyway. I downloaded the server version of C&C and decided to give playing as the Imperials a try. I cheerily make a Mecha Bay core, intending to rush in the Mecha Tengu to swarm the western barbarians. I move my mecha bay to open ground and choose to unfurl it. And... nothing! Not a sausage.

Tl;Dr version: My transform scripts are busted.

So I guess I should first ask is, is anyone else having trouble with my transform script? If so, what's caused this? Or in short, is there an up to date changelog anywhere where I can figure this out? Has anything else interesting changed over this past week or so? There's several hundred e-mails (I think), which is quite a lot. In my defence, I've been putting my efforts into a new project of mine. I won't hijack Ian's list here, but if any of you are screen reader users, do have Spotify premium account and have a Windows computer (if you're playing TB you probably do), feel free to contact me if you wish to learn more.

Hope you guys (and girls if any present) can clue me in.

Craig