[ian-reeds-games] Re: Multi stage bosses

  • From: Garrett <wolfofthewind48@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 16:20:17 -0400

The only reason I ask this, is because the engine seems to have a problem with
the defeat condition where if you have a unit with a specific name and that
unit dies but transforms into something else, the engine counts as a defeat.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 17, 2015, at 3:33 PM, Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've already done this in one of my maps, and it works! I think the
way the game handles it is that since there is still a unit on the map
with the same name, even after the first one died, then it won't allow
you to win until every unit with that name has been defeated.
My victory condition for death= flag doesn't always work though,
so...*shrug* But again, from my experience you'll be fine here.

On 5/17/15, Garrett <wolfofthewind48@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi again guys
I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried this before, and if you have, did it
work?
In a few of my maps, I'm going to have bosses. These bosses, in addition to
being harder to kill the normal enemies, will also have multiple stages.
When ever you kill a boss, it's next stage will be left behind by the death
transformation script. The stages in each boss will get progressively
harder. My question is, if you only have that one unit on the map, and it
gets defeated, will the engine think you want just because there are no more
enemies on the map? Or will it take into consideration the transformation?

Sent from my iPhone

--
-Mew