[ian-reeds-games] Re: Hi all!

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 10:55:07 -0500

Hi,
This is sounding like a cool map!
Ok, What I did was stick the folder into the  map pack of the game and ran it.
The game does a great feature where it tells you  what is wrong most of the
time.

The first thing  was the skills.
Parser version 2 has the skills looking like this...

Skill
2
description of skill
flags

You had the skills looking like this...

skill
2
skill name
description of skill
flags

The line witht he skill name, is no longer required. Get rid of those and you
should have  alot of those problems handled.

You have a lot of hp listed where it should be health. Health is the name of
the point, and the old hp flag doesn't work anymore. Alot of those are in the
effects folder.

For ice bolt, you don't need that to be an effect since all it does is damage.
I would erase that, and put the health_inflict flag into the skill ice bolt,
and get rid of the effects=ice_bolt flag.

hopefully that will resolve many of the issues so far.