[ian-reeds-games] Re: Health_Protect flag

  • From: Luke Andrews <brailleluke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 22:59:06 +1000

What map are you making

From: ian-reeds-games-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ian-reeds-games-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sharni-Lee Ward
Sent: Tuesday, 1 September 2015 4:39 PM
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Health_Protect flag

Hi,

I've created a couple variations of the same terrain, the haven. It's a
special terrain that both heals any unit that can step onto it by 500 per
step, as well as restoring mana, but is also meant to protect the health of
those on that terrain for 5000 points, meaning basically that if you're on a
haven, you're safe. I forgot this property when I made a training ground out
of haven tiles for one of my maps, but it didn't seem to matter because my
characters could all still do damage. Why, though? Isn't the health_protect
flag supposed to prevent anyone on the protective tile from taking damage
less than or equal to the amount specified? That's what the guide said it
did.