[ian-reeds-games] Re: Game saving seems broken

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 15:01:38 -0600

Thanks Michael.  This is fixed in dev 31.

Ian Reed

On 9/1/2013 7:06 AM, michael Tholl wrote:
Hi Ian,
I noticed this in 13.29, but I figured it was an issue with using an older map.
I haven't tested on any other maps, because I'm not sure where they
are in terms of being ready for the changes to the engine, but as far
as I know,
I have the latest Warlords map pack. I just went to see if saving
worked for me, and I got the same error, which I will copy below.

System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Type 'Game.Flag'
in Assembly 'Game, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null' is not marked as serializable.
    at
System.Runtime.Serialization.FormatterServices.InternalGetSerializableMembers(RuntimeType
type)
    at
System.Runtime.Serialization.FormatterServices.GetSerializableMembers(Type
type, StreamingContext context)
    at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.InitMemberInfo()
    at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.InitSerialize(Type
objectType, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext
context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter
converter)
    at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.Serialize(Type
objectType, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext
context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter
converter)
    at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.WriteArray(WriteObjectInfo
objectInfo, NameInfo memberNameInfo, WriteObjectInfo memberObjectInfo)
    at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.Write(WriteObjectInfo
objectInfo, NameInfo memberNameInfo, NameInfo typeNameInfo)
    at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.Serialize(Object
graph, Header[] inHeaders, __BinaryWriter serWriter, Boolean fCheck)
    at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Serialize(Stream
serializationStream, Object graph, Header[] headers, Boolean fCheck)
    at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Serialize(Stream
serializationStream, Object graph)
    at Game.HM.SaveGame1(String name) in
C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\HelperMethods.cs:line 1405
Error saving game

I made sure there were no saved games in the saved games folder, and I
did an entirely clean install of Warlords, not just copying back over
after downloading.
Thanks, and hopefully this isn't just me being a technobarian again. grins
Michael