[ian-reeds-games] Re: Friends= flag for teams not working correctly even for player team

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 07:56:33 +0930

Basically. I want it to be possible for the AI to use buffing skills on units
from allied teams but it always throws fits when you try it with the friendly
flag, apparently. Taking off the friendly flag means the skill could
potentially be used on enemies if the unit was AI-controlled, though, and I
don't want this either.

Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 23:03:13 +0100
From: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Re: Friends= flag for teams not working correctly
even for player team

What's the desired functionality here. To be able to cast skills with
friendly flag on units of teams that the casting unit's team has set to
friendly? I can take a look and see why it's not doing that if so.

On 27/05/2015 19:39, Monkey wrote:
For the AI to use them then you probably need enemy, friendly, self or
tile specified...not entirely sure on that, but it didn't use those
skills when I tried.

On 5/27/15, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I could set it to work on certain unit types and then take out the friendly
flag. I'll try that now and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip! I didn't
know you could do that with skills, honestly. I thought you needed an enemy
or friendly flag in the file for them to work at all.

From: allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Re: Friends= flag for teams not working
correctly
even for player team
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 10:38:46 -0400

Sometimes, if you don't designate his skill as friendly nor enemy, the unit
will be able to use that skill on any unit from any team. I know it's not a
great work around but maybe it'll help you if the skill isn't a big deal.
Al