[ian-reeds-games] Friends= flag for teams not working correctly even for player team

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 19:30:17 +0930

Hi again,

I've mentioned this before, but I hadn't tested it with my player team until
this evening.

The friends=flag doesn't seem to be working very well. I set it so my player
team was friends with several other teams who are enemies of their enemies, and
then tried to use a buffing skill on one of the allied teams' units. It said
"You don't want to help your enemies!" ...That's not supposed to happen.

I knew the AI had issues with this flag before, but I didn't realise it was
this buggy before now. I'd have thought it would be simple enough to create an
allies flag like the enemies flag. It's the main problem with teams that I've
noticed and I'd hope it can be fixed in the next full release. My maps focus on
a certain group of characters but if there are others doing their thing in the
background like the Resistance and so on, then it would feel more real. :)