[ian-reeds-games] For Craig: Transportation Script Suggestion

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 06:18:44 +0930

Hi,

Looking through your scripts for transports, I realised the one that would be
most useful for me doesn't exist. You can make a skill that enables a unit to
enter a transport, but you can't make a skill that enables the transport to
pick up/retrieve a unit. The best work-around I could theoretically employ
would be to give an allow_retrieval skill to a unit that otherwise had no
skills due to its nature (I've mentioned before my plans to have certain mage
units turn others into statues).

It would be nice if a unit designated as a transport could have a skill that
allowed them to pick up specific units around them without the units in
question having to do anything (sort of like a rescue helicopter for a magical
fantasy universe). It would also be kinda cool if an enemy unit could carry off
one of your units occasionally and drop them in the middle of enemy forces. Or
just kill them by dropping them.

This is just an idea. If it can't be implemented, I'll understand.