[ian-reeds-games] Re: Effects thought

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 11:16:36 -0700

Wait, nevermind. It starts out the same but then it changes. So two
different errors here.

On 1/3/16, Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hm, that's weird...

Craig, that's the same error I was telling you about in my email.

On 1/3/16, Allan Thompson <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Exactly what I mean, grin.
I have the map pack link below as ann example.
In the first board called black and white, units are set up like a chess
board. The white pawns have a skill called active. Hit o use it.
The black units to the right have an effect immunities flag versu an
effect
called hold. The hold effect removes a bunch of points like actions,
attack
and movement, and there is also a no skills flag in there with a duration
of
1.

What I want to happen s for the player1 side, the white pieces. To lose
ther
ability to act, while the player 2 side should be protected. When I first
started messing with, I found out that the effect was worked despite the
effect immunities flag in the player2 template that all player 2 units
inherit.

Now, it just crashes the game.
The link is below if your interested. It was just a small battle chess
map
pack I kick around to play with ideas.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68028683/z%20chess.zip