[ian-reeds-games] Re: Effects can't have the start_turn_restore flag?

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 04:23:47 -0600

You could use Blastbay to create it, although I think you'll have to
learn scripting or something for that.

On 5/4/15, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah, I got carried away trying to emulate a large kingdom and now have vast
stretches of land with nothing on them in-between cities with royal children
hiding in them. The victory conditions involve fourteen units being on the
escape terrain.

I'm still not quite sure I should share the map pack with too many people,
as I do have greater plans for the characters and this pack will involve
major plot points I don't want spoiled before the official game comes out,
but it's fun building it. *wishes adventure games could be created this
easily with a free program*

From: jono_heaps@xxxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Re: Effects can't have the start_turn_restore
flag?
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 17:21:58 +1200

Wow! 70 by 90? It's going to be fun trying to marshal your troops on a grid
that vast. I look forward to the release. Jono From:
ian-reeds-games-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

No, that's because the points were already restored.
The only way you can do this at the moment -- at least that I can
think of -- is to use point_restore combined with the ignore_max flag.
But it won't work over three rounds, and it'd be very easy to abuse
it.

I removed Movement_ignore_max, and it still didn't work. :(

Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 06:36:37 -0600
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Re: Effects can't have the
start_turn_restore
flag?
From: murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Maybe the ignore max flag isn't compatible with the start turn and end
turn restore flags.
It seems to only work with point_restore when I test it...

On 5/3/15, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I tried it again, and although TB didn't give me an error message I
wasn't
expecting, The extra movement wasn't added. I ended the turn to make
sure
and he still had only six movement points at the beginning of the
next
turn.
Here's what's written in the effect file.

-----

Effect
10
|flags
description The unit can move twice as fast as normal for three
rounds
unit
movement_ignore_max
movement_start_turn_restore=12
duration=3
|script_flags

-----

Why isn't it working? Is it because default amount of movement for
each
unit
is set in the Default Unit Flags file?
Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 20:57:17 -0600
start_turn_restore
flag?
From: murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You shouldn't be doing anything wrong. It works when I try it.
hp_start_turn_restore=350
works in my ritual file.

On 5/2/15, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I wanted to make an effect that restored double the usual
allotment
of
movement points at the beginning of each turn for three rounds.
It
says
in
the Dynamic Points section of the Map Creation guide that the
"point_start_turn_restore" flag can be used on skills, passive
skills,
items, effects and terrain, but when I put it into an effect file,
got
warning message saying it wasn't a valid flag. I had a similar
issue
when I
tried to put an attack_structural_integrity_inflict flag into my
default
units file to dictate how much damage basic attacks could do to
structures.
There were no typos. The guide said it's possible, so what am I
doing
wrong?

--
-Mew