[ian-reeds-games] Re: Damage Modifiers in Unit Files

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 09:22:56 -0600

Apart from creating a new skill and effect, you can't directly modify
splash damage and effects for individual units...

On 5/10/15, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So I have the best part of two maps and have started creating my Chosen
units, which are more powerful manipulators of the various elements. I'm
trying to make their elemental mage attacks more powerful while also adding
elemental damage to their basic attacks, but I've hit a snag.

As an example, I've just made the Fire Chosen unit, which is incidentally
the only unit I've added these modifiers to thus far. The typical Fire Mage
has the skills Ian gave them in the Getting Started maps because I was lazy.
I adapted similar skills for my other elemental mages, though a few of them
have other beneficial skills instead of enhancing weapons (eg. Wind Mages
can make friendly units fly, while Life Mages have Healing Touch). Anyways,
Fire Chosen, being naturally more gifted, can produce more powerful fires
and are also immune to fire attacks. What I'm trying to do is increase both
the damage inflicted on the target and the splash damage/long-term damage of
an effect by about 200 points of fire damage. The fireball and blaze skills
were successfully modified as far as initial targets were concerned, but I
can't change splash damage for Fireball, and I assume that as Blaze induces
an effect, I can't change that in the unit file either.

Is there a way I can achieve this, because I want the Chosen to be a
noticeable step up from the average mage. They get extra skills and will be
harder to acquire apart from the royals who happen to also be chosen, but
more fire power would also be appropriate. :)

--
-Mew