[ian-reeds-games] Damage Modifiers in Unit Files

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 23:06:43 +0930

So I have the best part of two maps and have started creating my Chosen units,
which are more powerful manipulators of the various elements. I'm trying to
make their elemental mage attacks more powerful while also adding elemental
damage to their basic attacks, but I've hit a snag.

As an example, I've just made the Fire Chosen unit, which is incidentally the
only unit I've added these modifiers to thus far. The typical Fire Mage has the
skills Ian gave them in the Getting Started maps because I was lazy. I adapted
similar skills for my other elemental mages, though a few of them have other
beneficial skills instead of enhancing weapons (eg. Wind Mages can make
friendly units fly, while Life Mages have Healing Touch). Anyways, Fire Chosen,
being naturally more gifted, can produce more powerful fires and are also
immune to fire attacks. What I'm trying to do is increase both the damage
inflicted on the target and the splash damage/long-term damage of an effect by
about 200 points of fire damage. The fireball and blaze skills were
successfully modified as far as initial targets were concerned, but I can't
change splash damage for Fireball, and I assume that as Blaze induces an
effect, I can't change that in the unit file either.

Is there a way I can achieve this, because I want the Chosen to be a noticeable
step up from the average mage. They get extra skills and will be harder to
acquire apart from the royals who happen to also be chosen, but more fire power
would also be appropriate. :)